We are looking for an Observability Consultant to join our team of experienced professionals with a focus on monitoring and metrics. At Opsdis you will work with colleagues that give you the opportunity to learn and perform at your best, being in the lead of observability.
What you will be doing
Our clients are mostly IT operations or DevOps teams in large or midsize organisations. The work varies between full time assignments that span over months to shorter assignments that spans over a few weeks or days.
As a member of our team your focus will be on using your experience to help our clients improve their observability. We work and deliver as a team so we support each other’s deliveries.
Common tasks are
- Review existing monitoring, metrics, log or tracing solutions and advice on improvements.
- Expert consultation on softwares such as Prometheus, Grafana or Elasticsearch. We often do platform design, installations, review of existing platforms, etc.
- Design and development of custom monitoring solutions.
Your background and skills
- Operations experience from working with or preferably being responsible for the infrastructure in a devops team or working as an SRE.
- Programming experience with Python and / or Go.
- Experience with time series based monitoring based on Grafana, Prometheus or Influx TICK stack.
- Beneficial if you have experience with Elastic stack.
- Experience with Scripting languages, such as bash, perl, python, powershell.
- IT consultancy experience is a strong plus.
- Able to handle technical challenges and become a trusted adviser to the customer.
- If you have experience with Nagios based monitoring tools such as Icinga, op5 or Nagios that’s a plus but not a requirement.
- Opportunities to test and work with new technologies to choose the best solution for each client.
- Leading your own projects as well as leading your own team in an autonomous work environment.
- A wide variety of clients.
- A remote first workplace environment.
- A collaborative team spirit and excellent coaching.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- In collaboration with clients and colleagues deliver the best customer solutions.
- Set the team first.
- Engage with the observability community and share knowledge.